How do I fill a Vaillant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody please tell me how to refill my Vaillant Turbomax (I think) boiler with water? The pressure reading is on 0 and my booklet tells me I have to fill the boiler with water but my installer didn't show me how. Neither the installer or Vaillant are available.

Thanks

Clare

Sponsored Links
You should have been left with a small L shaped key which fits in a valve underneath the boiler. Turning the key allows water in. Fill to 1 bar pressure.
If you do not have the key contact Valliant to supply you with one or maybe a plumbers merchant will stock them :D

BAHCO said:
You should have been left with a small L shaped key which fits in a valve underneath the boiler. Turning the key allows water in. Fill to 1 bar pressure.
If you do not have the key contact Valliant to supply you with one or maybe a plumbers merchant will stock them :D

Turbo max has a built in filler loop, have a look under the casing and you should find a braided flexible hose

Sponsored Links
Wow thanks everyone! That was much easier than I thought! All those pipes threw me a bit but everything seems OK now.

Thanks for all your help!

Clare

I always thought my own boiler was a Turbomax as the manuals left with me say Turbomax Plus and Thermocompact. The boiler is 18 months old and is filled with the key as above.
Reading my Benchmark it says model is a Valliant 242.
So.... is this a Turbomax or not? :eek:

Being in Afghanistan, yours probably just has a label stuck on to make it look good Kev.
:p :p :p

perhaps I'm thinking of the turbomax plus :LOL:

get the books out ;)

BAHCO said:
I always thought my own boiler was a Turbomax as the manuals left with me say Turbomax Plus and Thermocompact. The boiler is 18 months old and is filled with the key as above.
Reading my Benchmark it says model is a Valliant 242.
So.... is this a Turbomax or not? :eek:

you bin done m8.

Vaillant book says TurboMax plus.

A built in filling loop for the central heating system save the extra cost and labour of installing a remote fill point :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back