HOW DO I REPLACE A RAVENHEAT INTERNAL CLOCK TO AN EXTERNAL?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, Can any one help with wiring?

I have a ravenheat combination boiler with an internal clock. I want to run a wire outside to a new external programmer.

there are 5 pins on back of ravenheat clock. 4 black wires to pins 1,2 3 & 5 (4 not used)
On the Ravenheat wiring diagram pins 1 and 2 go to a circle with a sideways S inside. I believe this to be AC Current. Pin 3 goes to a two way switch touching 4 I beleive 3 to be common. pin 5 is the off side of the two way switch.

Am I right in my assumption that wires 1 and 2 are live and neutral? But which is which????

Am I also right in my assumption that 3 is for hot water (ie on all the time but lighting the boiler through the flowswitch)?

And last but not least am I right in assuming pin 5 is for central heating (ie live when the timer demands heating)?

To summise wires 1 and 2 are live and neutral wire 3 is hot water and wire 5 is heating? Where then would these wires then be connected to in any new external programmer, which wire goes to which number in the wiring block on the backplate?
Thank you for any advice on this problem. An easy wiring task I guess, but only if you know how!
Stephen

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back