How Do I Stop Cold Water Pipe Condensation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
House is a stone farmouse, second floor may be cavity wall as it's a later addition. I suspect that mulitple spotting othrough the centreline of my living room ceiling is being caused by condensation of the cold water pipe running above it.

If this turns out to be the case, please can you tell me, once I have accessed the pipe, how best to stp the condensation? And can I just let the damp dry out and repaint the ceiling eventually?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
put some lagging on it

assuming its not leaking

would put a post about the decorating in decorating forum :)

Makes mental note; must suggest to moderator start lagging forum and leak forum. :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev, that was the obvious answer to me, I just wanted to make sure that nothing daft would happen such as lagging just absorbs water and does not improve things.

Don't use "lagging" if by that you understand the rough felt stuff, it's useless for heat insulation. Use the foam tubes you can slide on. Then you don't GET the condensation. Paint over the stains with oil based paint to seal them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back