How do you listen to your music these days?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sombrero, 11 Sep 2013.

1. Sombrero

Sombrero

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    For me, it's an ipod with 4000+ tracks on random shuffle.

I occasionally pick a particular band or playlist (I've created half a dozen playlists)...

but I never use that album cover scroll thing - which is exactly what I DID do when I was 17 !

And will tapes ever make a comeback?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. wobs

wobs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    In the car on MP3-CD, and on the Brennan at home.

Will not have an iPod.

I see tapes as a thing of the past. You loose quality with every recording, and they degrade. And less functional.

I still have my CDs, and continue to buy them, as I refuse to pay for downloads where ever I can avoid it. I've only bought about 2 downloads.

I have about 50Gb on the Brennan, and stick it on random usually.

On the PC I have about 160Gb of music (MP3s). This is our main archive that we have worked to properly tag etc. Plenty of rarities etc.

4. misterdubya

misterdubya

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I listen to it with my ears.

5. Youtube and radio, don't really "own" much music at all.

6. worktops

worktops

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As i sit in front of a PC most of the day i use a combination of spotify and grooveshark.com. my iphone is bluetoothed into the car for audio books, podcasts etc.

7. ntb

ntb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A lovely Walnut Linn Sondek LP12 with all the trimmings.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Never understood how anyone can listen to music on an mp3 format you should get a 30% discount after all ur only getting about 70% of the soundtrack. Invariably it sounds awful.

9. worktops

worktops

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    @EddieM LOL yeah but then again peoples headphones are so crappy that theyre not even getting anywhere near that. Love mu sennheisers they only cost £20 and are studio quality!

10. Sponsored Links
  11. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Turn van on and on comes the radio. Turn van off and...bliss.

I personally do not need to be wired up to music every waking hour and find it difficult to comprehend why people do.

My job means that i need to concentrate and pay attention to what i am doing. I would find having a pair of daft cans stapled to my ears (like pro' footballers on the move) is both ignorant and selfish.

I suppose if i did a mundane job or if my life was as dull as dishwater then i guess listening to music occasionally would be a welcome distraction. Meanwhile i am content with a bit from the car or the van.

12. Matters not how good the cans are, they cant correct a crap source!

13. JBR

JBR

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Various media.

I usually use CDs, as they are convenient and the quality is good. I have LPs, though, but have copied most of them on to minidiscs to save wear and possible scratches to the LPs.

I do have some tape cassettes from the old days, but they are so crap that I never listen to them.

I also have some music on my computer as mp3s and similar, but you cannot find much of my sort of music available to record online. :cry:

14. I sold my old cassette deck for nearly £140, now really who would honestly want that, i was gonna bin it!!

15. ntb

ntb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it was a Nakamichi I could understand it. Most people never got to hear how good cassette could be.

16. Sombrero

Sombrero

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    really? tell us more....

17. LargeWrench

LargeWrench

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I still spend hundreds of pounds a year on vinyl as personally no other format comes close. I used to buy a lot of vinyl a few years ago but then kind of stopped and stuck to downloading mp3's. I sold my turntables for some spends for a holiday and was going to get rid of a lot of my records but luckily decided against it, as looking back now i would've regretted it a lot. Fast forward a few years and i got fed up of buying mp3's and downloading a file onto my computer. It just isn't the same as owing a physical item and the feel and sound of vinyl. Having gigabytes of music on a computer hard drive just doesn't compare to a real record collection to me. Anyway, i went out and bought some 1210's got right back into it and love it again. Just can't beat searching for tunes in a record shop, or buying online and getting a load of 12" delivered by the postman. :D

• Thanks Thanks x 2