How full is a skip ?

M

Moz

I got a skip last week FOR HOME it was an 8ton skip , the sides were about a 1ft above a 4ton one =£100.10..for 3 days ... lad turned up an got me to sign for it an recieved payment ,No Reciept or Conditions form ..

spent all day throwing all old wardrobes an doors against the sides an filling it up ,it was full about 1ft over the height of the sides , rang the boss to get his lad to come an pick it up , he said ,
"you aint OVERFILLED it have you have you ?"
I said
"Nah its about a 1ft above the level of the sides but doored at the sides ,so its ok to take !"

well he went right shirty an off hand an was saying I needed another skip an overfilling is a STUPID TRICK ,I told him it was mostly furniture /weightless an it was ok an secure , ...

he then said he would tip the skip an drive off with the skip if it was over filled ... an hung up ....

well I was in a state of shock /horror ....

I rang him an told him to collect the skip now ....
he said I was liable for it an he would pick it up when he felt like an would tip the lot up ,if he felt like ...... ......I was GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROAR .....

I was going to ring the police as I didnt want the rubbish cowboy flytipping an me trying clear it up , but as he had told me on the phone he had ALL ANGLEs covered on his form I signed , (but I had not recieved a copy )

Anyway I kept re-ringing his work number being cut off , after hour an half ,

I went out an dragged the skip down a bit til level ,

loads of neighbours were out asking can I throw stuff on ?......

I explained an was sorry ,
the dopey skip lorry lad turned up ,
if I hadnt of calmed down talking too old ladies an gents nearby ,

I was soooooooooooooooooo mad

I would of been up for Murder
an the lorry lad would of been beaten to death quite happily with a shovel ...

Thank god for calming down
as I would be in Manchester Nick now awaiting a Life sentance an the snidey skip boss would of gotten away

(If It had come to that the EVIL Skip guy would of been found cut in lil bits an the torture session uploaded to the net )
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Anyway enough of my rambling ,have you EVER been told the ammount filled is no more than the side of the wall of the skip, even middle rubbish, lol ???

Sponsored Links
Skips are supposed to be filled level with the sides. You can't blame the skip firm(attitude aside) they charge for a given cubic yard skip and thats what you get. If you went into a filling station and paid for 10 gallon you wouldn't expect 15.

I have never seen you mention M/cr before, where are you from?

Set fire to it at 2 am in the morning and the put some more stuff in :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not really surprising, the company carries the can if the stuff falls out in transit. It always clearly states that skips should be filled level to the top max. Oh, and no fires !

Thought skips came in cubic yards anyhow ?

david and julie

JEESUS CHRIISST ..... I cant believe you are serious every other forum even yank sites ,have said you load it up an if it above the sides an safe it gets gone ,

you two are ...
well the 1st of maybe 200 posts to say skip guy was right ,
maybe when artiticulating earlier my posts at other trade sites are taken with tradesmen maybe , ?

FWL_Engineer
Hello Dave ..... I live all over ..

Freddie

set fire to it ,he skip-sh*t Guy said if it got burnt, I was liable for a new skip ,!!!!

on the conditions I signed ,

so if over night some third party set fire to the skip ,

I as the hirer was liable to buy the skip hire a new skip ...

I rang trading standards yesterday morn on this

an they had recieved over 1K of complaints

but as they refuse you a condition form, you are at their mercy ,

an the bully boy attitude will continue ..

I asked him about the levels on skips an he said most firms will take anything upto 3ft above the sides as long as the sides are secure ...

he thinks they are just being greedy , expecting extra skips

but better customer service brings in more trade he said ,even the dearer skip firms ,know good customer relations ..keep business

Moz wrote,

david and julie

JEESUS CHRIISST ..... I cant believe you are serious every other forum even yank sites ,have said you load it up an if it above the sides an safe it gets gone ,

you two are ...
well the 1st of maybe 200 posts to

I don't give a toss about what the yanks say.

There are different and good reasons why skips are loaded level.

For safety, to stop objects falling off and causing accidents whilst the truck is on the move. (which has happened on several occasions) even causing deaths. Which is why they are now supposed to use nets on skips and sheets on tippers.

Also for safety, the size of the delivery truck is in relation to the size of the skip, 10 yds of rubbish could be double the weight of 5. With dense materials, such as soil or old concrete etc, it is very easy to overload the truck. Why should the owner risk damage to his truck, overloading and associated operator licensing problems to save you money?

Money, when the Goverment introduced a levy on rubbish it was based on weight or volume. Most smaller skip firms have yards which are termed transfer stations. In these they sort or grade the rubbish. Some would be recycled and some would go for land fill etc, which the skip firm would pay tax on. Every cubic metre he gets rid of costs him money in taxes.

Money, he probably also has bigger skips and would be a right mug to let you overload just to save money. Whats in it for him?

You cite trading standards when in reality it is you that is trying to have the skip firm over. They haven't done anything wrong in the eyes of TS.

I am just imagining a miniskip loaded 3 ft over the sides. :rolleyes:

maybe when artiticulating earlier my posts at other trade sites are taken with tradesmen maybe

Nothing to do with ti**ies, I have friends with skips and also friends in the scrap game, like I was too,at one stage. You are talking through your a**e about something you don't understand and you know it. ;)

BTW, can you give me a quote for fitting a boiler, but fit 2 when you get here? Get real and stop being a tight g*t. :LOL: :LOL:

FWL_Engineer

"HI ..Dave .. !!!" I thought of you ..good fun .. ;)

its a joke on these ring tone a******e things ...

but it was like an sitcom , 80s I think . ...

when you hear it, you will be big grin ... Im sure ..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sorry missed your RANT earlier POST ..lol..lol

David ,enough said , no worries

tsskk, SKIPS ,,,yeah

£100 for a 4yd!!! they charge £90 for a 2yd round here but on the side it says 1.25yd :confused: Soo i normally build sides up a little ;) had no probs yet. Think i'll try them hippo bags next tho dont think sides will build on them???
calm down moz m8 :LOL:

Afghanistan................where postser is ..

content removed

I've never used a proper skip, the council round here charges bum-rape fees for them. They were all charged by the cubic yard though, not tonnage.

But, the Hippo bags: mine was slightly over-filled (due to a scum neighbour taking the p*ss and throwing stuff onto it) but it was taken no problem. The difference is, they crane many such bags into a big hopper on the back of a truck. Probably take 10-20 of them in a single lorry.

Moz... imagine you are driving along, behind a skip lorry. Your mind wanders, so you forget to keep a good distance behind. Then sh*t starts flying off from under the netting and landing on your car. You wouldn't be happy, right?

Of course, every time I head down to the household waste site, there is always a plumber/builder's van there, with signage on side, whilst they dump a bathroom suite or cubic yard of rubble... even though the commercial tip is right next door. Makes me wonder why people like us lot bother to do the right thing. :rolleyes:

Level to the sides.however if it is safely stacked and the lifting eyes are free the driver should throw a net over it so nothing will fall out mozzy ;)

Note the Moz said twas 'doored' I guess he means the doors were providing extended vertical sides.. that is how it should be done isn't it?
Maybe at the place where skip is emptied they now frown on 'overfilled' skips and are beginning to complain .. just a thought.
The island gets smaller and smaller :D

Sponsored Links
Back