How much copper tube will I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am getting my average size 3 bedroom house set up with new combi and 8 new column radiators. The combi is the Sabre 35he. Please could anyone give me a very rough idea of how much copper piping the plumber will need and in what sizes.

Although I know nothing about plumbing I am guessing that this will be a difficult question to answer.

But if anyone could give me a very rough idea (or the amount of piping and sizes to at least get a good start) I would be very appreiciative.

Sponsored Links
The central heating packs from Mr central heating come with 60m of 15mm tubing and 30m of 22mm tubing - why have they decided on 90m of tubing in the central heating packs? someone could need a lot less or a lot more, but is this a good average?

Sponsored Links
he offered to get it or said I can get it so I said he can get it but I want to get it myself now and can't get hold of him. Didn't ask how much cause I thought he was getting it. Really need to get plumbing done urgently so want to order it asap.

So I just want to get enough so that he can make some good headway and order more if necessary.

very frequently you will find that plumbers merchants actually have copper pipe in stock without having to preorder it.

just get your plumber to buy it.

screwfix or bQ is cheaper than my merchants atm. Worth a trip there esp on Weds if you are over 60 or can drag your gran along ;)

Cheap copper is thin and foreign cr*p. Even my scrap dealer swears about having to buy in the foreign, impure stuff.

I only ever specify and use Yorkshire copper tube, regardless of cost ;)

Thats why I wanted to get it as he will probably get it at plumbers merchants and I can get it cheaper online.

If anybody can recommend an amount so that he can get a nice amount of work done I would be grateful.

Also, is it usual practice to use 22mm and 15mm together? i.e. will he need 22mm and 15mm?

Thanks

gas4you said:
I only ever specify and use Yorkshire copper tube, regardless of cost ;)

Me too - I ain't no plumber but when I need copper tube I go for Yorkshire - I'm only doing this plumbing in this house once!!! I was also sad enough to enter their text comp to win a T-shirt. Different one April May & June. My fave is the one that says "Bend me shape me anyway you want me". Just use them for scruffs - nder my pastering overalls. Just gotta hope the housewives don't get the wrong idea!

Regards

Fred

60 AND 30 is the usual , providing no longish gas run and each downstairs rad is not on an individual drop. Allow approx 8 metres per drop. Why go to expense of nice column rads and then pick a cheapo boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back