How often do you contribute to internet forums?

J

JulieL

Do any of you feel that internet forums sometimes take over your life?
How long do you spend on them?
Do you ever loose track of time when posting?
Do your partners complain if you're on too long?

Sometimes - depending on whats topics being discussed I come home and switch on computer on......before I know it I've been on for a few hours (this is because I'm not very fast at typing and change my mind a lot before I actually submit a post)

Sponsored Links
4938 posts since January 2004...

And yet somehow I still find time to have a life, too... or at least, I read about one, on the internet. I'll try to find a link... ;) :LOL:

I have sniffed at other fora, but only really got stuck into this one.

Not a bad life, but I don't care much for the virtual orgasm..... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I only found this site a few months ago whilst looking for some plumbing advice for our new extension (I owe thanks to several people who post on plumbing, joinery and electrics). I am now at a stage where I have to have a quick look 2 or 3 times a day to see what is going on in general chat. The political opinions can be quite fascinating but sadly one or two people are making it very tedious in my opinion.

Having said that, some people are so good at taking the p**s that they have me laughing out loud quite often.

this forum used to be lighthearted but informative until recently where by i just read what people have posted as it seems to have gone downhill big time with petty squabbling and immature rants. :rolleyes: at this rate will probably be told to p*** off if you try to add an adult response. :(

this is the only forum I subscribe to, I think that its a good mix of people although there does seem to be a leaning to the right. but its mainly regular folk that have probably just taken a peek at this general chat forum when their looking to get advice on their plumbing problems and then one day get sucked into a subject that is close to their heart, then your hooked!! because you cant hear the tone of voice or see expressions, it takes a while to form relationships but I bet that most people here are nice decent folk, anyway, I have got a life! um! honest!

p.s I've learnt to be more tolerant of peoples differences here and its good to see that even the "righties" are opposed to some of the nasty posts recently. :)

I like most of it, its a bit like life in general we have our gripes that are tedious to some but it does help if you have a sense of humour and dont take it all in.

Saying that there is a few ones who are dubious--Richard springs to mind :D

JulieL said:
Do any of you feel that internet forums sometimes take over your life?
How long do you spend on them?
Do you ever loose track of time when posting?
Do your partners complain if you're on too long?

Sometimes - depending on whats topics being discussed I come home and switch on computer on......before I know it I've been on for a few hours (this is because I'm not very fast at typing and change my mind a lot before I actually submit a post)

Yes
Too long
Yes
Oh dear - YES

Sponsored Links
Back