How to double ceiling rose and move? (with pics!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

Wanting to move the light from the center of the room and make two ceiling roses either side of the center of the original. Will i have to remove the boards upstairs or will i be able to push the cable through the space between the joists (I know every house is different!) And what is the best way to wire it? I can't see it being acceptable to just run two lengths of 1.5mm t&e and connect to blue/black and yel. Any ideas appreciated as always.:)

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065-1.jpg

:)

Sponsored Links
if the joists run the right way it shouldnt be too bad,you may be better off getting the boards up though so you can see if you have enough slack on the cables to re route to the first rose, then loop to the second one

thanks mate, i live in a fairly modern house with the large chip-board type boards, are they easy to get up? The area I need to get up is below doors to three bedrooms crossing each threshold. Now is a good time as we are having new carpet fitted next week :)

Oh and yes, luckly the joists run the *right* way!

If the joists run the right way don't botter to lift the boards - too much hassle to save a bit of cable. Chipboard is T&G all four edges so you have to cut a piece out, it is never the same when it has been cut up.

If you can do it through the existing hole and the new holes you will make for the pendants - a few metres of cable is cheap and much quicker than lifting the floor above.

Sponsored Links
cool thanks chaps. im just a bit unsure about the connection point now for the feeds to the two pendants...dont really wanna do it in the middle of the room, push it into the ceiling and fill up the hole :oops: :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back