How to find a carpenter.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any suggestions on how to find a carpenter.
I am a nice person (I fink so anyway), I make really nice tea, my house is nice and cool in this hot weather, and my kids do not bite.
BUT I cannot get a carpenter. I have tried national and local directories, going round the neighbours asking for recommendations, searching on the net. Some say they'll come and give a quote - but they don't show. Others don't return calls.
I am in Croydon, south London, and I know a lot of professionals can really write their own ticket for work down here - good luck, you gotta make hay when the sun shines - but does anyone know any local/trade associations that might be able to recommend some names I haven't tried?

Sponsored Links
The problem is this fat controller Prescott want 385,000 new build home in the south east and nicking all the carpenters. A lot depends on what you want done. I have to charges more for a small job to make it pay and as you say they don't want to know. Maybe a handyman or a semi-retired carpenter can help but depending what you want done.

If it's not a big job, try shop windows not ideal I know but I know 2 retired tradesmen who get work this way for pin money, both are excellent at what they do. There must be similar in most areas.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back