How to fix curtain pole to UPVC Bay Window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a square shaped UPVC Bay window in my front room, of which all of the surface appears to be UPVC - ie there is no wall or ceiling into which I can screw fixings for a curtain pole.

Currently there is a pelmet fitted about 1 foot in from the window, so the curtains close in front of the bay.

I'd prefer to have a curtain pole or track that goes right around the bay so that I can use the space better. Is there a neat way of doing this? I read on another site that I gould glue a 2 x 1 wooden batten to the UPVC frame and then drill the rail fixings into the wooden batten. I don't know if this would look very good even if it worked though.

I can't seem to find examples of anyone who has done this previously!

I'd be very grateful for any advice!!

Thanks very much

Annie

Sponsored Links
Well the wooden batten would be the easy way to go but not the best visually looking. What widths are the size and the front of your bay window??? Only asking because if the width of the window is over a certain distance it will have reinforcing in it which you could screw into otherwise you would be screwing into an empty hollow chamber. If your window is mahogony colour or brown then it should be fully reinforced in all widths and heights.

Thanks for this. someone else has also suggested screwing into the UPVC directly. It is 170cm wide, so I guess it would be reinforced. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back