How to get rid of Plastering slurry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have completed a 5 day plastering course and naturally I am now the world authority on the subject. So much so I am tackling a three bedroom terrace (not the whole house, one room half skim half undercoat/float and skim, plus several other odd walls, mainly just skimming.)

One thing I have learnt is that you can create quite a bit of sludge from the mix buckets etc. Presumably I cant pour this down the drain for fear of causing a blockage? Or will I be OK?

Sponsored Links
Don't even think about pouring it down the drain unless you want a bill for dyno rod .... ordinary drain rods wont get rid of it in a hurry.
Just let it set in an old bucket, cardboard box lined with a bin liner or whatever then bin it or take it to the tip or skip.
The drains will usually cope with rinsing out a well scraped out bucket or two but leave the hosepipe running for a while after to be sure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back