how to raise a upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a UPVC porch door that is beginning to rub at the bottom. The door is UPVC and the frame has a small piece of metal with 2 screws in it. Theis is what the door is rubbing aginst. There are 3 hinges on the side with tiny allen key bolts at the top/bottom of each. Is there any way I can raise the non hinged side by a few mm to stop the rubbing? The door was removed a year ago to allow removal men to get through.
I imagine it should be straight forward to those who know their doors, but with all the bits that can be adjusted I don't want to make it worse.

thanks,

oh, and the weird thing is i rubs less when there's warm weather! I thought UPVC did not expand/contract? Or is it some other factor.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a toe and heeling problem to me, think there is some info on here somewhere about it. and yes UPVc does expand in the warm even more so if woodgrain and in the sun!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back