how to repair a damaged semi-solid floor board?

PDC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone advise what would be the best practise to replace a semi-solid floor board?
I just started a renovation of a toilet in our house, and discovered that the semi-solid flooring was installed around the WC, rather than lifting out the unit and installing the floor.

I have a spare pack of floor boards in my attic, left over from when the floors were installed, my hope was that I could cut out the board with the hole in it and sit a new board in.. putting the new WC onto the repaired section of floor.

Anyone done this type of procedure before, replacing a damaged board that could advise on what I could do. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Presuming the boards are T&G you can do the following:
cut out the board with the hole in it (try not to damage the connecting boards or the T&G of these boards, could be tricky).
Then from new board remove the bottom part of the groove. Use sufficient amount of PVAC wood-glue in grooves of existing boards and new board. Slot the board in and place something heavy on top of it. Let it rest for a day.

Be aware that it will be 'the weakest' link in you floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back