HS2 Bidding for 32b worth of work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I knew that as soon as this was announced the bids would be getting drawn up or even already drawn up and ready to deliver....see the article where there is a spanish firm entering a bid with a british firm ...see
http://www.vivantconsult.co.uk/news/latest-news/capita-symonds-to-bid-for-p32bn-hs2-contract.html
This firm was responsible for delivering the Madrid/seville and the Madrid/Barcelona high speed rail lines, although it may be a good company they are a spanish firm who delivered a spanish rail link, now before any bids are even looked at the priority from me as a taxpayer is that the project is awarded to british firms to employ british workers because after all this is suppose to be part of a kick start to the economy and unemployment but I wont hold my breath and suspect this contracted will be given to a non british company who will employ non british workers as this seems to be the norm now with all the backhanders going on.

Sponsored Links
............. after all this is suppose to be part of a kick start to the economy and unemployment ...........

Whilst I can appreciate your sentiments, B&L, I'll ask the question "is this really supposed to give a kick to the economy?"

As I understand it, there'll probably be a couple of appeals, quite a bit of compulsory purchasing and a fair bit of legal wrangling to do first. All this might take a couple of years before real work starts.
Not much of a kickstart on that timeframe.

I thought that this was to prepare UK for a more competitive business approach by 2026.

its insane,36 plus billion tax payers money,to churn up buetifull countryside and woodland,destroy history,buildings,upheave peoples lives.so a few people can get to somewere 45 minutes faster. complete corroption of tax money in hard times.

Sponsored Links
Why don't they spend the money on the WHOLE country by installing Super Fast Broadband? MUCH faster than trying to get somewhere for a meeting etc and the cables can be buried so no ruining of beautiful country side, people losing homes etc. This is what technology was supposed to be doing for us, providing a means to NOT having to travel to businesses all over the country/the world. There'd be no issues with weather interrupting business meetings, sales pitches etc and I doubt the cost would be anything near the multiple billions needed for Thomas and his friends!

............. after all this is suppose to be part of a kick start to the economy and unemployment ...........

Whilst I can appreciate your sentiments, B&L, I'll ask the question "is this really supposed to give a kick to the economy?"

As I understand it, there'll probably be a couple of appeals, quite a bit of compulsory purchasing and a fair bit of legal wrangling to do first. All this might take a couple of years before real work starts.
Not much of a kickstart on that timeframe.

I thought that this was to prepare UK for a more competitive business approach by 2026.

This was mentioned by our leader DC about 6 months ago when he was talking about getting Britain moving again but my concern is that while every other country is looking after themselves the tender for this contract will be touted all over the world...look at Bombardier...uk firm lost out again...money talks and I personally think its back handers all the way

its insane,36 plus billion tax payers money,to churn up buetifull countryside and woodland,destroy history,buildings,upheave peoples lives.so a few people can get to somewere 45 minutes faster. complete corroption of tax money in hard times.

Totally agree....the enviromental cost just to get somewhere that little bit faster

Crapita are one of the worst companies for providing anything on time and on budget and even then the customer tends to end up with a bag of ****e that fails to work as intended or at all .

Just how it is that they manage to continually secure so many Government and council contracts I don't know ... there surely must be some serious back-handers being dished out.

Crapita are one of the worst companies for providing anything on time and on budget and even then the customer tends to end up with a bag of s***te that fails to work as intended or at all .

Just how it is that they manage to continually secure so many Government and council contracts I don't know ... there surely must be some serious back-handers being dished out.

The bigger the contract the bigger the envelope

Why don't they spend the money on the WHOLE country by installing Super Fast Broadband? MUCH faster than trying to get somewhere for a meeting etc and the cables can be buried so no ruining of beautiful country side, people losing homes etc. This is what technology was supposed to be doing for us, providing a means to NOT having to travel to businesses all over the country/the world. There'd be no issues with weather interrupting business meetings, sales pitches etc and I doubt the cost would be anything near the multiple billions needed for Thomas and his friends!

That is actually a very good idea. :) We can tele-commute where possible, would also save on petrol and help the environment by reducing green house gases.

That is actually a very good idea. :) We can tele-commute where possible, would also save on petrol and help the environment by reducing green house gases.

I wish someone would tell the green brigade this. Instead of jetting off to nice foreign locations for the latest conference on the climate change scam, they can all sit at home having a video conference. (don't hold your breath though,,, they like their nice foreign jaunts) ;) ;) ;)

PS FWIW, I reckon the HS2 link will be built by Eastern European workers, with little or no jobs going to British workers.

There are a few similarities between DC & AB ( Alan Bastarde) aka Rick Mayo, i recall AB shafting the German PM, surely DC isn't shafting AM. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Imagine if you will. London to Birmingham train travelling at 200 mph plus hits an object some moronic imbecile has placed on the track. Result? I don't even want to think about it. Until you get rid of the mindless yobs who think that putting objects on the tracks is fun , then I can't see any railway company even contemplate traveling at that speed. So it's all a waste of time and money because it will not be used to its full potential and once again your country's ambitions will be halted through yobs.

Imagine if you will. London to Birmingham train travelling at 200 mph plus hits an object some moronic imbecile has placed on the track. Result? I don't even want to think about it. Until you get rid of the mindless yobs who think that putting objects on the tracks is fun , then I can't see any railway company even contemplate traveling at that speed. So it's all a waste of time and money because it will not be used to its full potential and once again your country's ambitions will be halted through yobs.
Why not fit sensors along the track that detect such foreign objects? It's not like cost is an issue, what's another half a million or so between crooks... erm friends.

Sponsored Links
Back