Hyundi amica auto

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My f/in law has a problem with this car.It starts and will select the gears but wont engage the drive it just revs up and dont go.can anyone suggest what to do to fix it??He's not got a lot of money but desperately needs the car as he's partly disabled. If it was a manual g/box i could at least diagnose the fault but me and autos are a no go!

Sponsored Links
First things first - check (quantity and condition) and correct the fluid level. (ATF)

The fluid level etc was the first thing we checked-but of course-it couldn't be that easy.The level was ok!

Almost impossible to diagnose without seeing the car - the only suggestion I can make (and I'm not familiar with Hyundai boxes) that you could check is the selector cable. You say it selects gears but I'm assuming you just mean the stick moves back and forth? If the cable to the box hasn't come loose at either end, then really you need a diagnostic.

Sponsored Links
keyplayer said:
Almost impossible to diagnose without seeing the car - the only suggestion I can make (and I'm not familiar with Hyundai boxes) that you could check is the selector cable. You say it selects gears but I'm assuming you just mean the stick moves back and forth? If the cable to the box hasn't come loose at either end, then really you need a diagnostic.
Apparently the car will select and move in reverse gear!! any help?

What type system is on the car? Is it a multi plate wet clutch. If so, you may need some new plates.
Or a torque converter? If so, did you use the correct procedure to check fluid level?

I'm going to have to get a manual to find the correct procedure for checking the auto fluid etc.
Still ,looking on the bright side,he can go everywhere in reverse!! That would be interesting :LOL:

Back