I wish I was a plumber!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Wish I could but theres not too much call for 42 year old trainees!

Vinno said:

there is, just not for 42 year olds who want a living wage, no one can afford it

if you were to accept a lads wage for two years you would have no problems

Vinno said:
Really I do!

You're in luck!!! It now takes 2 weeks for you to be on your way to endless riches and a godlike status. Shop around, I am sure you could get it down to a week. In some parts of the world, all you have to do is 'say' you're a plumber and 7 virgins are yours to do what you wish with. It's great!!

grrinc said:
Vinno said:
Really I do!

You're in luck!!! It now takes 2 weeks for you to be on your way to endless riches and a godlike status. Shop around, I am sure you could get it down to a week. In some parts of the world, all you have to do is 'say' you're a plumber and 7 virgins are yours to do what you wish with. It's great!!

WHERE!!!!!!!!!!

(fanatically packing his bags and trapping shoes ;) )

Vinno said:

If you want it bad enough you will find a way to do it. Be warned though it is not as rosy as the popular press makes out it to be. Forget these 2 week courses, load of c***. I have beeen self employed 6 1/2 years now but never call myself a plumber as all my training is just gas. People think I am being some kind of snob, but I never want to mis-represent myself!

Go for it ;)

I am 36 and close to finish my tech cert lvl 2, and i aint no youngster there is even a guy on the course older than myself at 39. Now for the hard part, getting some experiance :( . Oh at least another year for lvl 3 its a long hard slogg but i hope in the end it will pay off for me.

WelshMan said:
I am 36 and close to finish my tech cert lvl 2, and i aint no youngster there is even a guy on the course older than myself at 39. Now for the hard part, getting some experiance :( . Oh at least another year for lvl 3 its a long hard slogg but i hope in the end it will pay off for me.

Thats great, are you getting paid for it welsh?

Well corgiman atm i am full time college i.e 3 1/2days a week go straight from college to work 1 1/2days a week in a local factory, also work in the factory during schools hols. Like i said nearly complete my course, got my lead work to complete this week and then the final big assesment is the bathroom installation. That covers the practical side, on the the theory got a couple left plus the Gola at the end to do. Before the six week schools hols want to find a local firm to get some experiance, get paid if possible but i doubt that they would be willing to take me on if i wanted wages. Would take " lads" wage just to put food on the table so to speak, and put in the extra work and hopefully persuade them to increase wage in time :). So any firms/plumbers in the Valleys area browse this board give me a call !!!! .

nope :(, is it really that difficult to get someone on to take you on in todays labour market or are the poles taking over cos i know alot of firms seem to take these them on atm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back