IDEAL Boilers

S

Soggy_weetabix

To all RGI's.

Please tell me you dont install them!

Ive just replaced the heat ex, expansion vessel and PRV on the Isar today.

And the PCB would have been done aswell if I could not have repaired it.

The bill is the equivilent to buying a brand new (decent boiler). :eek:

I am surprised that IDEAL could produce such a monster, but I guess you other engineers have had issues with these aswell?

I cleansed the system with DS40 before the new boiler went in, and attempted to talk the customer out of a boiler replacement (4 years ago).

But... customer knows best and got a 'mate' to install that piece of trash.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Yep, biggest load of crap they have made yet. Unfortunately I fitted about 90 before all the problems started to show :eek:

I wouldn't touch them with yours now :LOL:

We have started fitting them again recent and the new one bares little relation to the older HE or the pig that was the m30100

so far so good

Will keep you posted

(Ithink the Guv has done a heck of a deal with ideal as are quotes are much lower than they were and we are getting more work, hence we are fitting them again)

:)

A major builder around my way has negotiated a deal with another manufacturer to remove all Ideals from their new houses as the reliability was so poor.

Sponsored Links
I have me doubts CORGIMAN

A poor boiler that needs a re-haul before unleashing it on the public again.

Gimme a G/Worm Majorca and I'll re gasket it no worries. A tenner for parts and an idiot (me) that will spend a few hours in the garden restoring it.

People do it with cars....I do it with boilers.

Oh, and Ill cut a C plan and put TRV's in. Now thats energy efficiency eh!!!

David

will never fit another ideal, crap to fit bloody heavy and spit out a load of fault codes and it takes ideal over a week to come out.

Well I will tell the guv but dont think I will make much difference

I miss non Part L boilers

I would love to be fitting

profiles
ultimates
solos

again

Blimey I would love the be fitting Suprimas :)

There are loads of these that were fitted on The Warmfront Grant works and yes thay are a load of rubbish IMO.

Very expensive spares although now one pcb does all models and is interchangeable by fitting the jumpers to suit the model.

the spares for these have actually reduced if you look arounsd

Your signature has been removed, please read the forum rules

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back