Guys,

Wonder if you’d be able to offer me some advice,

I have the following CH system:

Ideal Classic FF340
Honeywell 3 port valve
Randall room stat
Randall cylinder stat
Randall 102 mini programmer

I seem to have a problem with my central heating system. The radiators only get slightly warm and the hot water would not be considered as hot as it should. I have tried to work out what may logically be the problem but don’t seem to have achieved too much.

When I switch the programmer from hot water to heat and hot water (and vise versa) the motorized valve does not seem to move at all. I have tried this together with adjusting the room and cylinder stats accordingly but the valve does not seem to make any sound (therefore I don’t believe it is opening or closing as it should). I tried to put it in the manual position but the arm moves freely and there is no resistance.

I ended testing the motorized valve by removing the motor, after doing this I could move the arm into the manual position and there was the resistance I’d expect. Once the motor was removed I switched between hot water and heat and hot water, the motor responded by turning. I believe that the room and cylinder stats work correctly because when I turn them up the pump kicks in and when turned down the pump stops. I’m hoping that you’ll be able to tell me whether this seems to be faulty!!!!

My other problem seems to be related to the heat that the boiler outputs. The feed from the boiler is not so hot as you’d not be able to touch it, it’s only warm verging on hot. I have noticed that the boiler only fires up for a minute or so before shutting down, the pump continues after it has stopped. After about 5 mins the boiler fires up again and the cycle continues. Surely this can’t be right, I suspect that it related to the thermostat on the boiler, however I’ve been told that I’d need to replace the PCB as it’s all integrated. I’m at a loss as to how this can be sorted so any help would be appreciated.

Teggs

Sponsored Links
Are you suggesting that you think both the thermostat on the boiler and the motorised valve have developed faults at the same time?

[code:1] I suspect that it related to the thermostat on the boiler, [/code:1]
So do I.
however I’ve been told that I’d need to replace the PCB as it’s all integrated.
I have searched for the part (temperature sensor) - it isn't in the short parts list or the main online (trade) site.
I’m at a loss as to how this can be sorted so any help would be appreciated.
I'd have to do what you'll have to do I think - call Ideal, for the part number. :cry:

Other Classics use 137658

Sponsored Links
Chris,

Thanks for pointn me in the right direction. I shall call Ideal to ask them for a part number for the temperature sensor. Am I right in thinking that I might not need to replace the whole PCB afterall?

Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back