Ideal Classic NF40 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Ive got an Ideal Classic NF40 Boiler and its recently developed a bit of an issue,

When i turn my central heating on, it fires up no problem and heats the radiators for about 15 minutes, then it makes a weird whirring noise for a second or two, then keeps clicking.

While it clicks (in a timely manner) the little pilot comes on, then goes off, then comes on, then goes off.....

This will happen for about 5 minutes when all of a sudden the gas will come through and ignite again.

The boiler will then stay on for about 5 minutes before going back to the clicking cycle,

Ive rung a plumber and he says it could potentialy be any of a number of small things, but it could also be the PCB (sits behind the thermostat knob from my looking at it)

Has anyone got any 2nd opinion on what this could be? (Or indeed how much a PCB will be (if that is the issue), after having forked out £600 getting car through MOT im a little strapped at the moment)

Many thanks
C

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back