Ideal Classic RS40 Boiler Manuals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I require a copy of Installation and Servicing Guide also User Guide for Ideal Classic RS40 Gas Boiler, model with pizo ignition, Ideal only have later model with electronic ignition. Paper copy or PDF Files would be great by email or will pay postage and copy expenses if applicable.
Recently purchased property, had a boiler fault so got it serviced but only a bit of muck blown in pilot when left unused.

Sponsored Links
and what will you do with it? Service the boiler?
Sorry fella - the whole point of CORGI is to stop you from blowing yourself up and / or gassing the kids.

I just had it serviced by Ideal as they were available within 48 hours and cheaper than the Corgi plumbers advertising in local free rag, I got a price before they did the job, most others would not give a fixed price before doing the job also not available to do job. I like to understand as much as possible about all items I own as it helps prevent getting done by some service engineers as on TV Rip Off programs.
Some things can be diagnosed without breaking the Corgi rules, Ideal give out manuals but the electrics and ignition are now updated on manuals they have, engineer says rest of boiler is the same, is it wrong for user to check part numbers in installation guide and confirm prices of suspect parts before calling a Corgi engineer to prevent getting ripped off.
It is good for users to understand what labour and parts cost, better to not accept a quote than having to complain afterwards.

No it's fine the manual should always be left with the appliance. The fact that you indicated you may carry out your own gas work means we can't help you as it may then be construed that we are encouraging you to work on an appliance without the required level of competancy.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back