Ideal Combi boiler takes 49 seconds to ignite!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 'Ideal C95FF' gas combi boiler, that was fitted to the house from new about 4 years ago.

There is a delay in the boiler lighting. I timed it from when you turn the shower on full, to when the pilot light ignites at 49 seconds later.

If you turn a tap so the water flows slowly then it doesn't light at all.

Not only is this annoying but its costing me a fortune in water!

Any ideas on what the problem could be and what its likely to cost in labour and parts? Is this common?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Diverter valve - diaphragm and possibly sticky maifold/diverting section (right hand part).
Diaphragm cheap and simple, whole valve to replace, summat daft like £150 + fitting.

Thanks.

I've been told its probably the hot domestic water flow valve. Is that not likely to be the case?

I've also been told, although maybe tonge in cheek, that this boiler is really cheap and nasty and rather than chase my tail fault finding I would be better having a better new one fitted. That a decent new one would cost about £850 trade.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for your help. Where can I find details on this, and buy the part?

Your boiler is the high power version of the C80FF which was made by Savio for Ideal but the PCB and several other parts are different.

I really cannot remember if it has a diverter valve but I tend to think it has a DHW flow switch and a motor diverter valve. I have an example of the underlying Savio boiler in my store but its too gold to go there at this time!

Tony

Thanks for your post Tony - any help you could give would be excellent, and will hopefully save me a few quid!

Replaced the diaphragm today with the very cheap part as above and its done just the trick.

The guy was very helpful and quick, so worth a shout if you need any thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back