Ideal icos condensing boiler-Heat only works with water on

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Zippyh, 4 Jan 2015.

1. Zippyh

Zippyh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ideal icos condensing boiler. We got home yesterday post Christmas to discover a very cold house. Pre holiday I set heating to come on overnight only. We switched heating from timed to continuous but it didn't come on. Screen said 0 and boiler light was off. However, when I switched hot water to continuous the ignition light lit up and screen said C and both came on. The heating now only comes on if hot water is. Any ideas? I've tried reset and switching off and on! Just wondered if there's anything I can do or if we need to call someone out! We don't have gas appliances so can't be sure if working ok! Thank you

2. James1991

James1991

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The fault is not on the boiler but on the external controls.
    Probably a motorised valve.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Zippyh

Zippyh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for your reply. Who would I need to resolve that? The boiler man or someone different? Thank you!

5. CombustionGuy

CombustionGuy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Boiler man or plumbèr could fix this problem. Sounds like a faulty zone valve

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links