if i want to change the light fitting on a loop in celing..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
rose or batten holder, do i have to take all the wiring back into the roofspace into a junction box, or is there another way around this??

cheers

K :D

Sponsored Links
Kings said:
rose or batten holder, do i have to take all the wiring back into the roofspace into a junction box, or is there another way around this??

cheers

K :D

???

you just wire the new 1 in place of the old 1?

ok i should of explained myself better :confused:

what i mean is once the celing rose is gone and your left with the backing plate with all the wires still in the terminals what do you do with them

as the last three light fitting i've bought will not fit over them, and i'm assuming thats its a no no to remove them from the terminals get rid of the backing plate and put them in choclate blocks and push them up into the cavity :confused:

P

the back plate IS part of the ceiling rose

you can use choc bloc, providing you put it into a choc box, or a 4way jb

either way, observe my signature, and choc box are in for refernce

Sponsored Links
It all depends on the amount of spece left in the new fitting for terminations. If space is limited, the jb method (Sticky) may be the best method. However if there is plenty of space in the new light fitting it may be easier to fit choc block.

can you not refit the ceiling rose above the ceiling, and feed the wire that used to supply the pendant, down through the ceiling to the new light fitting?

thats another option but it would probablly require access from above. with correct choice of entry points small junction boxes or chockboxes can be rammed through the ceiling and the fitting put over the hole they make.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back