Ikea Kitchen Cabinet Fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been lurking here for a while and usually find an answer to my questions.

I will be installing Ikea kitchen cabinets on the walls of my house this week and I am bemused by the range of fixings out there.

One of the walls is masonary and the other wall is breeze block. The old cabinets were all held on with a bracket with 2 screws in rawl plugs. But these Ikea cabinets only have one screw hole for fixing each end of the unit.

I am therefore a bit concerned about using 1 screw at each end of these units, they are also taller (92cm).

Anyone got any recommendations as to what I should be using, I was thinking along the lines of "Sleeve Anchor 10 x 75mm M8 Max Fixture 39" from screwfix. What do you think, all suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
You can add on extra corner unit bracket

br208t.jpg

As for fitting, I mainly use fischer screws

if you mean wall units, it might be worth your while screwing a length of timber along the top of them (at the back)to square them up.

you can make a temporary support for them from deal and even a couple of car jacks in order to get them in the right position for marking holes

and like the man said, use fischer fixings to screw them in place

Rest assured that Ikea will have tested the units thoroughly. You only have 'sheer forces' to worry about which on a wall unit are negligible. Screw a No 10 screw into a wall the same depth the cabinets will fasten and pull down and see if you can break it. I doubt anyone on the planet could do so.

Sponsored Links
you don't only have shear force to deal with..

if you put something heavy at the top front of the cabinet it will try to pull away from the wall surely??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back