Im Banned From Posting !!!!

M

Moz

For awhile now since Christmas I have been trying to cut down on my addiction too drink ,
before then I was out nearly 6 nights a week in my local pubs or social clubs ,
I fooled myself "I" wasnt an alkie as all my friends drank the same every night ,
I used to pop here maybe once a fortnight an sit an drink as well ..posting an having a lol
When I started being honest with myself ,
I knew the drink ruled me ,
I stopped going out every night an reduced my drinking ,
which helped greatly ... ;)
I did a few AA meetings an they were so/so ... but I really believed not going out as much helped ...

now all I have done is "change the goalposts ,lol "

instead of the bars an snooker rooms ....its the back room at home on the net ... :(

I have found I am getting into another awful scenario every other fri/sun/wed night ,drinking myself stupid on more than 2 gallon at a time ... :( :(
Thats why with heavy heart Im barring myself from here at night for quite awhile til I can trust myself not too slip back into my drunken ways ...

I shall pop by here from time too time but only in the day an sober ...lol

best regards
moz

ps
now I have stopped my OLD social life .....
snooker /darts /drinking on the net ,
maybe that guy out of Corrie St ,who has the cafe ,him an his mate may need help building that model railway ..? lol...lol...lol..take care ;)

Sponsored Links
Moz,

you may have a drink problem but there's one key difference between you and an alcoholic, your not in denial about it and alkies usually are. Your'e doing the right thing but I for one will miss your night time posts, ****ed or sober

pickles
Im not going away all together just not posting at night when that trigger/temptation is there ...
its harder to disguise sat at the pc during the day cans of stella there than a night ..lol :)

Sponsored Links
Moz said:
pickles
Im not going away all together just not posting at night when that trigger/temptation is there ...
its harder to disguise sat at the pc during the day cans of stella there than a night ..lol :)

What will you do instead. The temptation is in your head, you will be tempted whatever you do and wherever you go, why don't you try having no booze in the house and keep posting so you can't drink

Good luck Moz - hope there is someone there who will give you a lot of support as that is important when trying to give up the old bottle.

Glad to hear that you're not 'going for good' from here. It could never be said that your posts didn't envoke a response :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah but no but yeah but no but well Moz, even I will miss you. Maybe try as Pickles said having no booze in the house and also asking local shops to refuse to serve you might help.

Get a coffee machine put next to the computer too ;)

Hope you conquer those demons :D

aw moz...i'll miss you altogether with the time difference...i'm 6 hours earlier than you folks. what am i gonna do with all this thick skin? i grew it not only for you but at your suggestion.....well, at least i'll get to read later.
have drinkers in my family of friends and altho i cant relate personally, i know its a tuff road. if you need to holler at someone, i'm here and prepared to 'take' it. best regards...mlb3c

moz, when I gave up smoking years ago, I found it easier to avoid the situations that triggered me to smoke....

However, I have a close relative who is an alcoholic and he was advised to give up one thing at atime... ie he still smokes but has given up (despite some relapses) the booze.

Im not sure...
does this site act as a trigger for drinking??

or, would it be it be better to stay here... and just limit your availability to the booze?

Things he did was.. (though it took being locked up for drink driving... something which he is ashamed for) to make him do it..

he stopped withdrawing cash and others kept his cash card. so he couldnt buy booze but didnt have the humiliation of telling the local offies he had a drink problem.

we used to hide the drink but AA said that wasnt the answer.

You can be a cantankerous sod moz.. My views havent changed... but good luck.

Good luck mate. Like Pickles said above, the fact that you know you've got a problem and post it here makes you more of a drunk than an alcoholic, who would go to any lengths to hide it, and that's a good few steps in the right direction. I've said it before, but read through your drunk posts (where you call everyone ****s and threaten to come round and eat their children) and your sober posts (where you don't) and decide which Moz you like best.

johnny_t said:
Good luck mate. Like Pickles said above, the fact that you know you've got a problem and post it here makes you more of a drunk than an alcoholic, who would go to any lengths to hide it, and that's a good few steps in the right direction. I've said it before, but read through your drunk posts (where you call everyone **** and threaten to come round and eat their children) and your sober posts (where you don't) and decide which Moz you like best.

on second thought, decide which we would like best....just because you give up drink, doesn't mean you're gonna be instantly nice....and the thought might drive you to drin....well you get the gist. cheers :)

What hobbies have you got Moz?

If you have an addictive personality, perhaps find an addiction which isn't so harmful. Like basket weaving. Only joking. What about learning a musical instrument? Or a study course?

One ex-alcoholic (was in the loony bin for it) is now addicted to counter-culture, like conspiracy theories and books like that. It's odd (he says so too) but he just finds it interesting. He reads a lot.

It's a shame you aren't gonna come on as much, I wanted to send you something on email and was gonna ask you to email your address to me.

Hope to hear from you soon. All the best.

Thanks for the welcome on my intro post Moz. I can relate to your prob in many ways. Its very easy to sit chatting and not realise how much supping is done. My first session on this Forum on Mon eve I got through about 7 tins of g***sch without realising. Our support is with you. Best Wishes Haryjon. :D

Sponsored Links
Back