Indesit WD12 Drying takes forever and clothes wet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Got a bit of trouble with this. The drying cycle can run for hours and doesn't stop if you choose some of the 'run til its dry' settings. When I cancelled the program and opened the door, the towel I had washed was soaking wet but very hot. I've checked the filter which is clear, and my drain which is ok.

We also have other probs where sometimes the programmer just seems to keep clicking round and doing circles.

Any Ideas??

Sponsored Links
Possibly a blocked condenser or a pumping problem. There is a trickle of water going through the condenser to keep it cool and this should be pumped away periodically during the drying. If this doesn't happen you end up with the washing wetter than when you started. The constant turning of the dial is the machines way of telling you it has detected a fault.

thanks for your quick reply. I can hear water being pumped away. I've currently got it running through a cycle now with the lid off so i can watch it. Condensor (assume thats the plastic bit at the back) seems to have some fluff in it. Is it easy to remove this to clean? Doesn't look too easy. Lots of torque screws and electrical bits.

Thanks

i doubt its the fluff, as fido said a condensor uses water to keep cool, if stuff is coming out wet its more likely a pump problem, you also said you tried a towel and it was hot and wet, hot indicates the condensor is having hot air blown through it (as it should) but the wet is a sign water is not getting away fast enough, that indicates pump or filter blockage,also they are easier to check.

Put it on a rince cycle (nothing in it) and see how fast does it pump out, i cant give you a time, but it should be quick, and put the lid back on you should never have the lid off while its plugged in

Sponsored Links
Pump seems ok, its still doing its drying at the minute, but the pump kicks in every couple of mins. I've got the drain pipe in a bucket at the momentg and it gives a good kick of water out when it starts.

To be honest, it seems to be working fine this time. Maybe just a glitch. I've flushed my drain out this morning, could a slight blockage covering the end of the pipe with water cause this?

Thanks again for all your quick replies! on a sunday too!

i would still be inclined to have a look at the pump and or filter, may be something in their that shouldn't be
also as you have it in a bucket that means water will requre little pressure to be pumped out, hold th hose over the sink and see waht happens (it will be higher up) if little or no water, its your pump or filter

I checked the filter, and apart from water coming out, there was nothing in there. All i could see was what looked like a little propellor inside there. it didn't look like a filter too much though, just like a black plastic frame with 2 circles of plastic in it.

How would i get to the pump to check it?

Thanks

no idea on your m/c (i used to work for hotpoint)
but i would suggest un plug mc, dissconnect all pipes, put mc on its back (they are heavy so be carful) pump will be at bottom and now easy to get to.

we did similar to get to a hp mc pump

Just finished my towel test and after 40 mins the towel was virtually dry.

I checked filter and pump, both look in good nick. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt for now. Maybe it was feeling lonely and just wanted 3 hours of my time this morning!

Thanks to all for your help.

just a foot note to say that the latest hotpoint washerdryers are the same machine as yours since merloni took over the gda group. also some ariston machines are wma hotpoints in disguise.

I had this problem and it turned out to be a 10mm button loged in the drain hose and backed up with lint.With this removed the machine is working ok again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back