Indesit WI101 8 Flashes & Dial spins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My Indesit WI101 starts ok then after a couple of minutes the dial spins and the LED gives 8 flashes. Can anyone tell me what this code means.
This an intermittant fault. I took out the main PCB and found slight corrosion on one of the edge terminals. I sorted that ok but the fault still returns. Any Ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
8 flashes indicates "heater relay cannot be activated".
Search through previous Indesit posts, it's well documented.

Thanks for the reply.
I had another look at the machine and virtually drawn the circuit. The frustrating part is working out why the processor thinks it cant activate the heater relay.
I tried unplugging the thermistor sensor but that gives 3 flashes.
Looking on the PCB the output of the relay that drives the heater has no feedback signals to say if its working or not.
I can disconect one leg of the heater and the machine worked ok.
The live for the heater comes via the door switch, so I expect a complete shut down if that was failing. The Neutral is fed from the pressure switch N/O contact. This then feeds the heater relay. This signal is monitored by the processor, but if I simulate loss from the pressure switch I get 10 flashes.( I think I saw this mentioned as pressure sensor fault).
I even tried disconnecting the temperature selector.
So if anyone knows what the processor looks at to decide 8 flashes, I would love to know.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check the wiring at the heater. They are known to break internally so they look ok. Meter them to confirm they're ok. If everything else on the heater circuit is fine then it's down to a pcb and eprom change.
These machines are a nightmare to diagnose correctly. The error codes can be wrong (are in a lot of cases).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back