Ink Cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My printer won't print in black, colour only. The black ink cartridge still has plenty of ink left in it. I havn't used the printer for a while so i'm assuming some of the ink has dried up around the outlet stopping the ink getting through. Anybody had this problem before?

I can't get out to buy one today and i want to print something.

I'd pring in dark blue but it's a pdf off the Internet so i can't change the text colour.

btw it's an HP deskjet series.

Sponsored Links
has it not got a head cleaning option?

apart from that i think you are stuffed because the print heads are usualy fixed in..

what about print it then photocopy it at local corner shop for 5p

Sponsored Links
i use the black cleaning cartridges if you get a real bad block always cleans heads. i have gone in settings before and turned black off and my epson seems to print a black using the colours mixed. if im desperate

I have had similar problems with apparent blockages. I contacted Choice Stationary as I thought I may have had a bad cartridge because a replacement cartridge did not cure by blocked head.
Their advice was that the Epson Print Head Clean procedure is not very good at clearing blocked heads. Their advice was to do a Head Clean procedure but not a test page and leave the printer switched ON for at least two hours but preferrably up to 10 hours. Then print a test page and if necessary another head clean. This so called 'Deep Clean' process disolves Print Head Blockages. It certainly worked for me with an Epson Printer.
I don't know if this procedure would be successful with any other Make of printer .
But!! I do like Doc Lenny's solution. I will try that next time as waiting eight hours or so is a bit of a pain in the bum.

hi choice told me to do the same with my epson worked once or twice but then had to buy a cleaner cartridge . i never had a problem when i used original ink cartridges.

At last !! An Indian arrives - to complement the cowboys !
:D

Sponsored Links
Back