Insall oven into oven housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a new fitted kitchn that I am putting together myself.
I have put together the wood for the oven housing and the single oven fits nicely inside.

But I don't know how I am supposed to secure the oven to the housing?

Any ideas?
Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
The kitchen instructions did not mention the oven installation at all.
The assembly instructions are very poor - just one picture and no text.

I just have lots of little screws and a single brass clip (shaped like a U but the sides meet together and then go apart at the end) left over from buidling the oven housing, but can't be sure that they are for the oven fitting.

I haven't looked at the oven instructions yet - do you think that it will say there? (it is a Hoover oven).

The oven did not come with any extra bits 'n' pieces.

Sponsored Links
From what I remember from installing my double oven, It sits on a shelf and is held in by 2 screws in the sides hidden by the oven door. I might add that our housing had additional support under the shelf.
The tower unit could be built in different ways (bought from B&Q).

JonB

How to fit the oven instructions ....Will be with the oven..
It could be held by screws though the front trim, from under the control panel, U brackets it could slid in on runners...THere is no end to the possibilities. Read the instructions OR tell us the make

I have just taken my oven out of its housing and it was held in place by four rather small screws that went in from inside the door rebate. Look along the seal and you may find a few holes there.
Mine was a big double oven held in by 4 1/4 inch screws :eek:

Mine is a dbl oven & its only held with 4 x No 10. As I said, there are as many ways to fix as there manufacturers.

divadoll_1 said:
Mine was a big double oven held in by 4 1/4 inch screws :eek:
You do realise that this wasn't the only support . . . it was sat on a shelf or runners, wasn't it? The small screws are only there to retain it in the hole, so it doesn't rattle about when you slam the door shut.

It was sat on a narrow piece of chipboard and that was about it to be honest. Best part was it was put INFRONT of a window!!!

The screws arnt there to stop it rattling..They are there to hold it in place. It is a requirement that the appliance must not tip when items are placed on the drop down door (if fitted) or with a weight put on the outside of the open door

Hi,

I read the oven manual last night...

It says to insert a frame (shaped like a square, but just top and sides) around the top and sides of the oven in some groves at the front, screw the oven onto it from behind the door, and screw this to the cabinets either side of the oven.

No frame was provided with the Hoover oven, but there are 3 strips of chipboard provided with the Homebase oven housing. The side strips are too long to insert into the groove around the oven. They are the right length, but the grove in the oven bends at the top and bottom.

So I don't know whether a frame should be inserted into the slots, or what??

URGH

Does this sound right?

This seems a strange way to fix, If I am reading this right you fix the frame through the outside of the cabinett, therefore you have screws external. Could you scan the instruction & put them on here. Is there a contact number for Hoover, if there is give them a call.#

Edit
Just looked at Hoover web site, I would suggest you contact them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back