INSPECTIONS

B

BOB.DOLE

If going into a property doing a landlords gas inspection and you come across say a gas fire already isolated but not capped and the tenant said the last engineer cut it off , with no warning notice on appliance, would you need to reconnect gas and find out why it has been isolated, or would you carry on with the inspection with boiler, AND JUST NOTE IT on the cp12 as id would mean cap off and ar would mean to isolate appliance.

Sponsored Links
My opinion for what its worth because I haven't a clue, would be you need to check it, or disconnect it and cap the supply.

As it stands another tenant could simply turn it on.

doitall said:
My opinion for what its worth because I haven't a clue, would be you need to check it, or disconnect it and cap the supply.

As it stands another tenant could simply turn it on.

well doitall the appliance is already isolated, and can not be turned on unless they turn it on by the isolation valve with a screwdriver.

Don`t believe the Tenant. Test it & make your own decision on wether or not it is safe..if not isolate & issue your own warning notice..record details on CP12 & place `unsafe appliance` sticker on fire..

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
Don`t believe the Tenant. Test it & make your own decision on wether or not it is safe..if not isolate & issue your own warning notice..record details on CP12

and what about if you come across an appliance with a warning notice on appliance. say a boiler and pilot is still lit.

BOB.DOLE said:
Bamber gaspipe said:
and what about if you come across an appliance with a warning notice on appliance. say a boiler and pilot is still lit.

If you are supplying the certificate then it is your job to test each & every appliance...last man standing...what`s up have your employees let you down & you are having to cut corners?..You seem to be asking a lot of advice for a Corgi registered Engineer....maybe you should resit your ACS..

Bamber gaspipe said:
BOB.DOLE said:
Bamber gaspipe said:

If you are supplying the certificate then it is your job to test each & every appliance...last man standing...what`s up have your employees let you down & you are having to cut corners?..You seem to be asking a lot of advice for a Corgi registered Engineer....maybe you should resit your ACS..

no just pondering a few questions that keeps the forum ticking along nicely.

kevplumb said:
.maybe you should resit your ACS..

maybe he should sit it :idea: :idea: :idea:

well kevyplumb nuts i will be resitting in november wish me luck.

ps its a piece of cake i have all the questions and answers already its who yea know in the game not what yea know, will be getting my own private box at the footie ground shourtly yea know what a mean ;) ;)

If you are asking these sort of questions now & resitting your ACS in November, I would suggest you get your books out...Hopefully you will be struck off the Corgi list..from the evidence so far you seem to be totally incompetent..but I like you strangely...I think it`s probably because you are a mentalist...which always brightens my day... :D

Bamber gaspipe said:
If you are asking these sort of questions now & resitting your ACS in November, I would suggest you get your books out...Hopefully you will be struck off the Corgi list..from the evidence so far you seem to be totally incompetent..but I like you strangely...I think it`s probably because you are a mentalist...which always brightens my day... :D

i am just teasing you plankton brain i would blow you out of the water anyday bamber wanna try your luck as old kevyplumbs did, i will tell you that you will be no match for me,

so tell me how to commission a riello burner

you remember the one you bottled out of the last time :LOL: :LOL:

wipe the floor with the likes of you bonny lad without breaking sweat ;)

kevplumb said:
so tell me how to commission a riello burner

you remember the one you bottled out of the last time :LOL: :LOL:

wipe the floor with the likes of you bonny lad without breaking sweat ;)

they are commercial but this question is so simple i will answer you anyway .

done them before worked on all these types GBC (blow gas)
GBCA (Atmospheric), DG (Dragasain wall heaters), FC (Fan Convectors) and Andrews (Water Heaters)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back