installation certificate???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just in the process of having a new CU in the house and also some new circuits. the work is been done by contracters on behalf of the council i believe.

should i get an electrical installation certificate. asked the guy who's doing it and he avoided the question a bit.

is it actually a reg that they should issue one?

Sponsored Links
Or who ever operates the housing - not always the council. (assuming council house?).

If it's grant work, and you own the house, you will get the cert.

The part P cert may go to either you or the council/housing dept......or if the spark coughs up the £1.50 duplication fee, both.

Sponsored Links
Lectrician said:
Or who ever operates the housing - not always the council. (assuming council house?).

The part P cert may go to either you or the council/housing dept......or if the spark coughs up the £1.50 duplication fee, both.

Hi I'm building a kitchen extension and have been told by the council inspector to get a electrician that has a P cert.

Can i get a sparky to do the wiring and then call out some one to give it a check over and give me a P cert ? and how much does one usually cost ?

heyjoe said:
Lectrician said:

Hi I'm building a kitchen extension and have been told by the council inspector to get a electrician that has a P cert.

Can i get a sparky to do the wiring and then call out some one to give it a check over and give me a P cert ? and how much does one usually cost ?

Its best to start new topics for your questions. If you use a Niceic approved contractor then they will be qualified to do the work. They'll do the work and issue you a certificate.

heyjoe said:
That would be the simplest route. What did you tell the council you were going to do about complying with Part P when you submitted your building notice?

Can i get a sparky to do the wiring and then call out some one to give it a check over and give me a P cert ?
No.

But if you are going to use an electrician anyway, what possible reason would you have for not using one who can self-certify?

andy you are an apprentice in training aren't you? have you done the work? the cert will go to the council if its a council house, so you wont see it, probably. you could ask the council for a copy, council sparks usually know their stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back