Installing an Extractor Fan in a Bathroom through the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

YS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need to install an extractor fan in my bathroom. I planned to do this myself but all this talk of Part P and my inexperience with wiring has made me decide to call in an electrician! My question is mainly whether I need to drill the hole in the wall first or if there are electricians who would do this as part of the installation? It's a ground floor maisonette with a double glazed window so it's got to go through the wall.
If I do drill the hole first, one post i've seen advises that you should hire a large drill thingie (!) but I'm nervous about tackling this - don't even know if you'd start from the inside or the outside! It's a solid wall construction (1930)
Also the only external wall is the one with the window on, the shower is about a metre away. Will the necessary siting of the fan work to draw air and moisture away from the shower / bath (which sits in under the stairs leading to the upstairs maisonette). The door is the only source of air intake and it is on the wall opposite the window/ proposed fan site...

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Y

please see forum rule 1a

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back