Installing Double glazed upvc windows and upvc french doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

can anyone help? I (my builders) are recently to install upvc french doors and casement windows in the caribbean. Windows have been purchased from the UK.

We have carpenters, but the builders/ carpenters are not familiar with double glazing installations. Any tips that anyone can provide will be really helpful. I have been reading about toe and hip packers, bridge pakers and how they are used to drain away water, but have no idea of how to install them.

I'm aware that fixing bolts should be used and have these as well as the foam and silcone, but have no idea on what quantity to use.

HELP Please..
Regards

Sponsored Links
You seem to be short on replies so far & it’ probably because no one wants to repeat it all yet again! What you’re asking has come up many times before & you will probably find the answers to all your questions by doing a search through the archive posts & following any links posted there. Try & help yourself a bit first but by all means come back with specific questions & I’m sure you will get a better response!

Richard C

Very true! and in fact I have been looking through the archives and have gained a much greater understanding since I first posted the question.

I will look more and help myself as you suggest and hopefully be able to get help in more specific areas if neccessary then.

Thank you very much for your reply :)

Regards

Twin2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back