Installing drain for washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need advice on how I should install a drain for my washing machine. Currently where the old washing machine drain pipe is in the kitchen (Levitt type house - long island New York) where the original boiler is. I want to relocate the washing machine into the garage and there are no drain pipes anywhere close. Now the 2 options that I have is 1) to route the drain pipe up and over the kitchen into the garage (but is that possible to drain from the pressure of the machine) its a good 8ft veritcal climb then 4-5ft horizontal run. Maybe I could use a pump? 2) dig into the concrete slab and route the drain strait to the waste pipe behind the kitchen sink, but thats a lot of digging and breaking into the slab.

Anybody have any ideas or opinions on how to go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

Sponsored Links
This is a UK site so regs may be different.
If I was you I would extend the drains but take advice from a local plumber. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back