Installing Velux flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm installing a new Velux roof window in a slate roof. All has gone well but I'm not 100% sure how to install the side flashing. Does anyone know if it should be installed with the pieces connected together in one long strip under the slates or whether the pieces are supposed to be interleaved with the slates?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Chris K.

Sponsored Links
Depends what sort of flashing you've got . If you have several pieces of flashings (soakers) these are fitted individually with each course of slate.
The other type is a long flashing with a strip of foam down the length of it which the tiles or slates sit on and compress the foam.

Sponsored Links
That's very clear BikerM, thank you. I do have the individual flashings and so that's what I'll do. It's just that it's an old cottage with thick slates so they'll stick up quite a lot and the soakers will have to go in at quite a steep angle. Should work though. The Velux leaflet is a little ambiguous since it shows interleaved slates on one page but on the cover shows them all placed in together. Anyway, thanks for your input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back