Instant hot water and higher flow rate.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new house.

It currently has a hot water cylinder heated from the boiler and immersion heater, with a header tank in the loft.

My cold water static pressure is 2.8 bar and i have a flow rate of about 12litres per minute.

The house has 2 bathrooms.

So all i wanted was instant hot water and power showers......

This is what i am thinking, any comments would be gratefully received.

The water pressure is good enough i think ( i couldnt find a recommened pressure anywhere) , but the flow rate it too low. I think i need about 30Litres per minute for good powerful showers?

So what i am thinking is getting an accumulator for the cold water, which would maybe hold 300litres of water (about 3 baths worth), this would then be mains pressured and would have a flow restricting valve on it to ensure that about 30 litres per minute came out. I then would pass this through a thermal store which from what i can tell would heat the water instantly and give me my high flow rate mains pressure hot water? without changing my boiler. And if i get the right thermal store i could add solar hot water to it at a later date if i wanted to.

Does this sound about right? or is there a better way?

Regards,

Rob.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone have any advice or experience on which thermal store to consider? Ideally i would like one with solar connections to allow me to upgrade later if i choose to. At the moment it seems to be between something from DPS or gledhill ie the torrent se .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back