insulating new ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm just in the process of replacing the ceilings in all the bedrooms. the house is pretty old, probably built in the 30's so went with the advice of the builders to have it replaced at a cost of £900 :( as the ceilings were really bad. my question is, does the ceiling need to be insulated? is it against the law not to have it? does it help with keeping the rooms warm and how much does a roll of insulation cost?
thank you.

Sponsored Links
ceiling (loft) and cavity wall insulation will help retain whatever heat is generated within that room. you would be foolish not to have some degree of insulation protecting you from the external environment.

building control ask for 250mm of standard glass wool insulation. 150mm between the joists and 100mm lapped over the joists. i don't think it is a prerequisite for existing dwelling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back