Insurance for plumbing ssystem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like I have problems with the stat and need a new PCB as my Potterton Suprima 60 boiler keeps cutting out when set at 50c (but not 40c). I have insurance with Direct Line which enables me to call out a plumber or CORGI chap for central heating - can I expect them to install a new PCB as it says "up to one hours labour" but "all labour costs in excess of the first hour together with the cost of replacement parts other than we have agreed to pay for are your responsibilty" yet it also says they will pay for "and parts up to a total of £1,000 per call-out"???
I just ned to know prior to calling them out! - and this after my shower valve broke and thus spat water out all over the bathroom, the 3 way valve meant that my central heating failed to tuern itself off and now, my boiler keeps cutting out - and it's an old house too.
oh yes, and the previous owners blocked all of the air bricks and two of the chimnies with old curtains!

Sponsored Links
Phone your insurance company, how would we know what your policy covers,
if insurance companies are stupid enough to cover things like this then milk it for what it's worth, thats what they do with us.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back