Interal insulation renders/paints/anything

8 Jul 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any coatings that can be to internal walls to increase the insulation? My house is solid wall construction, and internal plaster boarding is not an option as the rooms are not huge and have original cornicing and would just cause too much disruption. I've heard of additives that can be added to paints but the increase in insulation is tiny.

Sponsored Links


i have used a product called sempatap to help eradicate cold walls. this stuff is not cheep and is a pain to apply. saying that it does do the job. you will have to use lining paper over the top of it though as it is slightly textured. it is also about 10mm thick so might be too thick for your walls in regards to the coving and skirting boards.

there is also wallrock thermal lining paper but not sure on the insulation value as it is about 3mm thick. here's a link.,b.html?gclid=CKr11-eE7KwCFQUhtAod6S3JNg

hope these links are of some use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links