INTERGAS BOIILERS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Considering fitting these, ive been fitting Ideal logics over the past 2 yr without any issues.

( apart from todays hot/luke warm domestic problem yet to be resolved).

With all on the market these days how would you all rate these in comparison as im yet to try these out. Ive always had the impresion there top notch yet dont know anyone thats fitted one.

Sponsored Links
I got 2, one for me and one for me Daughter.

Compared to a Logic, I would say Logic 10 point Intergas/Atmos 100points.

And thats being really kind to Ideal.

I have fitted Ideal logic and Intergas.

The Logic is easy to fit and has very good instructions.

The Intergas is not as easy and the instructions I would not want to leave with a customer. I am hoping someone is going to rewrite them and let me have a copy.

The Intergas works well and is expected to be pretty reliable. Time will tell. I was disappointed about something I discovered about them today.

But if you are a registered installer you should be asking in the CC where we can be more truthful about boilers out of the gaze of the public and some of the manufacturers.

Tony

As I said Tony, you have to manage expectations.

Tell customers "green lights good red light bad '.
'

Then you need to check wiring instructions ... no good asking a Ferrari to go off-roading.

;)

Sponsored Links
I could guess, and I bet it was self inflicted. :mrgreen:

Was it something about the instructions being in English. :rolleyes:

Ask in the CC !

But it was something that Vaillant give you for free with every boiler and Intergas expect to charge you £200 for it !

Tony

PS Dan, I went to check it after the Chinese meal and it does do what I had expected it to do. I think that its waiting times had fooled me before as I was in a hurry. Or it needed an internal backup battery to recharge.

Interesting... Vaillant were very hush hush when I asked them... But I do agree it is an utter rip off especially for the likes of me that done an awful lot to indirectly facilitate their entry into the UK with little thanks (hang on I have two doors to fit through before I get to bed tonight :oops: ).

Also very interesting about the backup battery idea... Fitting my first ever HRE on Monday so might have a play if there is time (see my Keston Conundrum thread in the CC).

Time permitting I might do a sensor log AND datalogger collection of the F & R temps on a cold start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back