interlinked hardwired mains smoke/co2 alarms

mgx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing a complete refurb on a 3bed, 100sqm flat, lower ground floor. It may be used for rental purposes, so I want to put in a good fire alarm system. Property is lower ground, so has external exits to both front, rear of property and internal door within the building.

I looked at the Noby 220, AICO Ei14x and Ei16x, the Kidde 9HI, Fireangel and Firex products.

Finally decided on either of

(a) the Firex 48xx/49xx series looks like what I need (1 heat, 2 ionisation, 1 optical, 1 optical w/ relay output [for alarm system]). These are mains powered and hardwired interlinked with alkaline backup, which is a bit cheaper than lithium.

(b) the Noby 220: it's a two zone system, and this is an expensive property in London Zone 1 where aesthetics really matter, so the Noby detectors and sounders are far more discrete and aesthetically pleasing. However, it does seem like a bit of an overkill.

Cost of (b) is 2.5x that of (a). Not sure whether I want to go (a) or (b), pretty much well thinking (b) at the moment.

Any experiences with any of this, comments, recommendations?

I haven't speced out a CO2 detector yet, but there's really only one possible source of CO2 in the property, and that's the modern boiler which is located in its own cupboard in the rear spare room, so I guess I really only need CO2 for that bedroom.

Sponsored Links
can i point out that CO2 is carbondioxide which is to be found in fire extinguishers.

I think you mean CO which is carbonmonoxide which can be given off by boilers

B I would suggest. If you can opt for the stand alone fire system rather than a mains unit all the better. And as you said in the post they are far nicer.

Never installed one of the NOBY panels so cant advise on a specific brand. As for Co detector fit one by the boiler by all means very good idea but it is a carbon monoxide detector not carbon dioxide.

youy should also check your local council and make sure they have no specific requirements should the property be for letting.
Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back