Internet Explorer Help.

Joined
28 May 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrey
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted some advice on a curious problem I keep when using internet explorer.

I usually have between 10 and 15 windows running simultaneously and when I close down I get a message telling that the instruction at 01x xxxx xxxx etc could not be executed. Any one got any idea what this refers to ? Sometimes it will also completely lock up or just crash for no reason. Don't think it's a virus and I am running over a gig of ram and the commit charge is very low. Any ideas reatly received.
 
Sponsored Links
I

Igorian

lvsystems said:
Just wanted some advice on a curious problem I keep when using internet explorer.

I usually have between 10 and 15 windows running simultaneously and when I close down I get a message telling that the instruction at 01x xxxx xxxx etc could not be executed. Any one got any idea what this refers to ? Sometimes it will also completely lock up or just crash for no reason. Don't think it's a virus and I am running over a gig of ram and the commit charge is very low. Any ideas reatly received.

It would be useful to have the whole message. Check the event viewer for errors that occurred at the time of the crash. Some will provide links to information which may (mostly not) provide a solution. You can always post the errors here.
 
Joined
28 May 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrey
Country
United Kingdom
Guys checked the event viewer didn't seem to give much info got an error report message that usually gets sent to microsoft but it wouldn't let me copy the contents to post them. Any ideas how else to get the details this is getting very annoying now !
 
B

breezer

press print screen, go into piaint, press paste save a picture and post picture.

either that or type it out

or as its you connect it to a galaxy and text it :LOL:
 
B

breezer

no, you really can do it.

forum-pic.jpg


see, here is a pic of this topic
 
Joined
28 May 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrey
Country
United Kingdom
Here is the error message when explorer decided to die does this mean anything to anyone ?
pt1.jpg
[/img]
 
Sponsored Links
I

Igorian

Ok, we'll need some more info about your system. provide as much detail as possible:

Make/model and board type if possible.
O/S and service pack details.
Memory capacity and type.
A/V software.
Cards installed.
IE version.

The error code generated refers to a memory access violation, which can be caused by a bad memory cell or a bad driver. Norton A/V can also contribute to the error, although a fix was released.

Are you running the latest drivers for all your devices (i.e. have you been to the various websites and installed them, rather than using the supplied disks).
 
Joined
28 May 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrey
Country
United Kingdom
pentium 4 2.53 ghz ,motherboard : Gigabyte Ga8pe667
Windows XP 2002 SP2
1 gig of ram PCI 2100 ddr 512x 2
A/V AVG Free
Nvidia GFORCE FX5200 on pci, USB X2 on PCI, NIC on PCI
I Explorer version
7.06

Hope this makes things clearer thanks again for your help
 
2

2scoops0406

A defective driver generally wouldn't cause an isolated access violation within an application. More likely the application is corrupt or the plug-in's are corrupt. A faulty memory stick is possible, but it wouldn't just affect one application.
 
Joined
28 May 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrey
Country
United Kingdom
Ok should the app be corrupt how would I rectify this re install i explore again I guess ?
 
2

2scoops0406

Try re-installing / repatching, no guarantees unfortunately.
 
I

Igorian

Eddie M said:
A defective driver generally wouldn't cause an isolated access violation within an application. More likely the application is corrupt or the plug-in's are corrupt. A faulty memory stick is possible, but it wouldn't just affect one application.

The OP said that he had 10-15 windows running, so it's difficult to determine if it is isolated or even if IE is at fault. A badly written driver, or indeed application, can easily attempt to access a portion of memory, which has been reserved, causing a perfectly operational application to abend.
 
2

2scoops0406

Igorian said:
Eddie M said:
A defective driver generally wouldn't cause an isolated access violation within an application. More likely the application is corrupt or the plug-in's are corrupt. A faulty memory stick is possible, but it wouldn't just affect one application.

The OP said that he had 10-15 windows running, so it's difficult to determine if it is isolated or even if IE is at fault. A badly written driver, or indeed application, can easily attempt to access a portion of memory, which has been reserved, causing a perfectly operational application to abend.

Um. no it can't
 
Sponsored Links

Similar threads

B
Replies
10
Views
673
Igorian
I
R
Replies
8
Views
1K
richtrace
R
C
Replies
5
Views
645
confidentincompetent
C
H
Replies
6
Views
1K
hotrod
H
Top