Invalidating a safety certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to invalidate,or withdraw a landlord safety certificate once it has been issued,if payment has not been recieved for the work?
TIA.

Sponsored Links
The only way is NEVER EVER issue it untill you have got your money

too late now

If I don't receive payment witin 7 days I send a reminder stating that each future reminder will be charged at £20 + VAT. If it gets to 3 of these being issued I give them 7 days to pay all charges in full or I will issue a small claims thingy! via the internet.

I have only had to do this once, (now that is) on one customer. They then get charged for the small claims court fees etc as well.

Usually the first reminder is enough to make them pay up.

Didn't know if this was legal or not until I had problems with a solicitor paying up. He did pay up and paid the reminder fee as well so I assume it must be legal ;)

gas4you said:
If I don't receive payment witin 7 days I send a reminder stating that each future reminder will be charged at £20 + VAT. If it gets to 3 of these being issued I give them 7 days to pay all charges in full or I will issue a small claims thingy! via the internet.

I have only had to do this once, (now that is) on one customer. They then get charged for the small claims court fees etc as well.

Usually the first reminder is enough to make them pay up.

Didn't know if this was legal or not until I had problems with a solicitor paying up. He did pay up and paid the reminder fee as well so I assume it must be legal ;)

which is a really really long winded way of saying NO you cannot cancel a LLSC :):):)

Sorry Gas but how to get the cash aint what he was asking ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Corgi, i didnt think they could be cancelled.And thanks to you Gas,i may go that way.

The landlord in question does not live local to me (its a bit of a long story)
i did a couple of LGSCs and posted them to her,along with an invoice upon her request and,have not had a cheque returned,i just wondered if i could call her and say i would cancel the certificate if payment was not recieved.

Garfeild said:
Thanks Corgi, i didnt think they could be cancelled.And thanks to you Gas,i may go that way.

The landlord in question does not live local to me (its a bit of a long story)
i did a couple of LGSCs and posted them to her,along with an invoice upon her request and,have not had a cheque returned,i just wondered if i could call her and say i would cancel the certificate if payment was not recieved.

Of only mate

I can only repeat my advice, dont send or give the cert till you have been paid?

but gas's idea is a stonker give it a go.

We insist on payment with cash when the CP12 is handed over to anyone we dont know!

Sorry Gas but how to get the cash aint what he was asking ;)

I know but thought this advice may help him get his money though, which is the main point of doing a job :rolleyes:

Agile said:
We insist on payment with cash when the CP12 is handed over to anyone we dont know!

Thing is i do know her,ive worked for both her and her brother for the past 4 years,things have changed over the last year,her brother had a breakdown,and shes in charge now.like i said,its a bit of a long story.

Aren't you working for British Gas now mate.

I thought private work wasn't allowed if your working for BG.

How's it going with the company? is it as bad as they say it is

This all started before i got the job with BG.Yes its going OK,done a couple of weeks induction training,and ive been out with a couple of their engineers for 2 weeks ( we've just had a couple of weeks away,pre booked holiday) so im getting back into the swing of things now.

being 18 stone and with a 54' chest, quite large arms and being 6 foot tall ( i like the gym), i never have problems with customers not paying.

Mind you. 24 eggs a day is a bind!

Dave

Soggy_weetabix said:
being 18 stone and with a 54' chest, quite large arms and being 6 foot tall ( i like the gym), i never have problems with customers not paying.

Mind you. 24 eggs a day is a bind!

Dave

How the hell do you fit in a LOFT soggs

LMAO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back