Ipod Mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After having won one of the Walkers crisps Ipod minis I was wondering if the software (Itunes) when installed, registers with the devices ID number (because of copyright protection of the tracks)? or can you upload from any other persons version of itunes without problems? In other words if i upload tracks from a friends pc will i then have problems uploading from my pc's itunes? does itunes register on the ipod the first used version of itunes serial number so that no other itunes serial number, will then work with that particular ipod?
Im not wanting to pirate illegal copies of tracks but i don't have the sufficient hardware Pc to connect with it at the moment and was going to ask a friend to copy some of my cd's to the pod in the meantime before i can upgrade my pc.

Sponsored Links
You register you iPod serial number with your PC, not iTunes.

If you upload (copy) tracks from your friends PC they will work without a problem as long as he ripped them from a CD and not bought them from the iTunes music store.
If he has bought them from the Itunes store you will still be able to play them and transfer them onto your iPod but he will have to 'allow' you to use them.

VG

Sponsored Links
Back