1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Ipod Mini

Discussion in 'Software' started by jazza703086, 24 Jan 2006.

1. jazza703086

jazza703086

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I got a Ipod Mini and I have great difficulty using the bl**dy thing. The so called wheel drives me insane!
    I have handed it to a couple of other people and they seem to have problems controlling it too. :!:
    What are you supposed to do?
    Are you supposed to touch it really lightly?
    When I turn it on it starts at the top 'playlists', if I want to scrol down to artists I kinda run my thumb down across wheel and it just shoots down to bottom thing in list. To go back up I then run my thumb back up where it came from, nothing, it rearly moves :evil:
    I can do it in the end but it really takes ages and I get so...frustrated I just put the thing down and pick up the Sony Walkman!

It's over a year since I was bought it by the wife and she keeps asking why I'm not using it :oops:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. pickles

pickles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just touch it lightly. There's no need to press hard. You should find the menus work if you run your finger round it lightly. They are speed sensitive, the faster your finger the faster it goes

Practice a bit it takes a while to get used to it

If you think it's broken give it to someone under 20, if they can get it to work you know it's you not the i pod

4. kendor

kendor

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yep takes a bit of practice, doing a reset also is very hard on the mini and takes practice especially if you have large fingers it's so easy to touch the inner ring and then the reset doesn't work.
    Best method i've found is to rest it on a firm flat surface first and use two hands/fingers.