Iraq

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
D

david and julie

I was reading the news earlier about the latest tragic situation in Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3946673.stm

Hopefully this poor lady will soon be safely back home with her family.

Further into the news we also find this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3945761.stm

Watching question time on thursday the concensus was our military was being used for US electioneering reasons.

I was never in favour of this situation in the first place and would have preferred the UN route. That is the purpose of these organisations.

Given that our leaders are continually moving the goalposts, I am totally confused. Does anyone understand why we are actually in Iraq? They said WMD, then removing a dictator or WHY. Iraq isn't the only country with these, so what is going on?

If Tone gets the boot next year (or before) where would that leave us? Would a general election still go ahead? can he just walk away and wash is hands of it?. So much confusion and uncertainty.

I fear we may have another Vietnam on our hands here, and you can be sure the US will leave when it suits. I just hope I am wrong.

We have never had as many leaders and organisations and they still do this sort of thing.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
Given that our leaders are continually moving the goalposts, I am totally confused. Does anyone understand why we are actually in Iraq? They said WMD, then removing a dictator or WHY. Iraq isn't the only country with these, so what is going on?

I know some people here won't agreed with me but I still think it's a Oil war. They did not want Saddam to take over the Oil supply. Bush & Blair use the excuses of WMD to get rid of Saddam because he was a nuisance to them. If people think it's because Saddam killing his own people then what about Blair killing over 20,000 people in the UK NHS hospital from infection (MRSA) which he still hasn't done anything about it, so what is the difference between Bush, Blair & Saddam ? I was against this war in the first place and now it's messy.
Bush and Blair have made all Americans and all Britons targets for terrorists. So why do Bush & Blair turn a blind eye to human rights in other country ? Is it because they haven't got oil supply there or when it suit them ???

Am I right or wrong because I don't know and this is my own opinion..........

To be honest I don't think we will never ever know the truth........

The government will only tell you what they want you to hear.

You all know my views................at the end of the day we cannot change what has happened and have to support our soldiers who hav got a sh**ty job to do.

Nearly right jasy I think you mean the soldiers have got a sh***y job, they are trying to do a good one.

You are right we can't change what happened, perhaps we could look into why it happened though.

Sponsored Links
Where do you want to start. When we were fighting the Iraqis in the early part of the last century, and i a m sure Kuwait used to be part of Iraq moons a go. Or do want to start with 2 buildings coming down

Sorry about that jasy I missed a word out and it didn't make sense :oops:

When I said we could look into why it happened I meant the public in general and the gov's role. Not us.

I think the gov should have finished the job in 91. The public, well we live in a democracy but when us (soldiers) heard about protests etc not good. There were kids from schools bunking to go on these demos....what is all that about. Decisions had to be made and hindsight is a wonderful thing but my own personal opinion is that we did and are doing the right thing by the majority of the iraqi people

I think the gov should have finished the job in 91

I seem to recall there were several attempts to assassinate Sadam after 91, but they all failed (obviously). I never could figure out why they got so far in the 91 war yet then decided to leave him in power. A few Tomahawks aimed at the presidential palace would have finished it surely? :confused:

I think they only went so far because the Saudi goverment only paided the USA to get Saddam out of Kuwati

Sponsored Links
Back