Is DIYnot.com unwell?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No posts after about 6:00pm (5:00pm on the GMT stamp) yesterday. Can someone say what happened? I have emailed the site owner's technical help before, but I got more questions and no answer.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yup, happened to me too.

It's happened to me with a few other sites too. I've spent the last few months sticking up for my ISP, NTL- I've even shot down people who tried to slag them off. But since I upgraded from 600k to 1.5meg it's seemed to get even slower :?: :?:

Anyone had the same thing?

breezer said:
forum was down

Er....yes....but since the "forum" is just data processed in some hardware by some software, what exactly went wrong with either the hardware or software? This site is the worst I have come across for being inaccessible now and again, and again, and again, and again, and again. so what's the problem, (and no weasel worded explanations).

There is no problem, at least not a constant problem, computers are temperamental, these things happen (rarely I might add).

The uptime of the site is in fact very good, certainly higher than 99% uptime. The site is very rarely down, the last major outage I recall was back in July when we had problems following a server changeover / upgrade.

Oilman, I don't recall you emailing previously regarding technical issues with the site. The only time we respond with questions is when the technical issue is related to the end users setup.

HTH

The entire site was down for a short time yesterday evening, so no one would have been able to get access to the site.

About 6 hours, from 7.30pm until 1.30am (roughly).

Interesting, plumbing and another forum had their last post stamped at 4:41pm before this mornings posts showed. Now then, why did the site go down?

i can let you into a secret.

at 19.10 the main server suffered from unreasonable power reduction. the ups (Uniterupted Power Supply) the proceeded to supply power for 19 minutes (its maximum) at 19.29.01 the main server "went down"

all this caused total chaos, with technicians running here there and everywhere, but no responce form the main server, this proceeded until 01.29 when it was noticed that the UPS was "dead" this was then traced back to socket interface device, which had been removed form its mounting, this was then mounted in its correct position and all power restored, the mains server auto booted and the forums came back on line at 01.30

It transpires that at 19.10 a "heating engineer" who was present finished tidying the area in which he was working and left. prior to leaving he neglected to return the socket interface device to its origonal position.

the "heating engineer" said his name was Liam no, or something like that. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back