1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it safe to drive with the coolant light on if the temperature gauge is in the safety zone ?

Discussion in 'Car Repairs / Maintenance' started by Rightboy91, 9 Nov 2020.

1. ninjacat

ninjacat

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Imagine the length of the thread when he starts the cylinder head change...

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. freddiemercurystwin

freddiemercurystwin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Two pages for every bolt.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Rightboy91

Rightboy91

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Problem fixed ! it was just the metal clip thing that you push in together with pliers on the hose on the bottom of the expansion bottle was too high lowered it down to where the line was where it had been previously on the hose as it was leaking water out underneath the bottle, not because the bottle itself was leaking but because the metal clip thing was too high up. it was only leaking when driving i.e. under load which is why I didn't see it leak. driven about 40 miles today day the level has not dropped at all. Sorted !

5. freddiemercurystwin

freddiemercurystwin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's OK, keep the thread open, the HG will probably go soon anyway.

6. Rightboy91

Rightboy91

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Problem fixed ! it was just the metal clip thing that you push in together with pliers on the hose on the bottom of the expansion bottle was too high lowered it down to where the line was where it had been previously on the hose as it was leaking water out underneath the bottle, was only doing it under load which is why I didn't see it leak. driven about all day and the level has not dropped at all. Sorted !

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/is-it-safe-to-drive-with-the-coolant-light-on-if-the-temperature-gauge-is-in-the-safety-zone.556934/page-4#ixzz6dcGG1CY6
    Problem fixed ! it was just the metal clip thing that you push in together with pliers on the hose on the bottom of the expansion bottle was too high lowered it down to where the line was where it had been previously on the hose as it was leaking water out underneath the bottle, not because the bottle itself was leaking but because the metal clip thing was too high up. it was only leaking when driving i.e. under load which is why I didn't see it leak. driven about 40 miles today day the level has not dropped at all. Sorted !

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...n-the-safety-zone.556934/page-4#ixzz6dcGy3vxZ

7. Rightboy91

Rightboy91

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

8. Rightboy91

Rightboy91

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...n-the-safety-zone.556934/page-4#ixzz6dcGy3vxZ

9. Rightboy91

Rightboy91

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

10. Sponsored Links
  11. Rightboy91

Rightboy91

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

12. Rightboy91

Rightboy91

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

13. Rightboy91

Rightboy91

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

14. Rightboy91

Rightboy91

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

15. johnny2007

johnny2007

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As I mentioned a few pages ago, you could've saved a lot of time and water by using a pressure kit to find the leak in 30 seconds.
    But I suppose it would've not been as dramatic...
    Now, in a normal car you would need to replace water with a coolant solution of a correct ratio, but given the circumstances, better to leave it...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Burnerman

Burnerman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Clips of the devil, those things especially when they rust through.....anyway, it didn’t back off on its own!
    Do keep an eye on the coolant level for the next few weeks, and don’t forget the antifreeze will be well diluted by now.
    John :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. HERTS P&D

HERTS P&D

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So have you fixed it then???????????????

Why didn't you say.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

• Like Like x 2