is my back boiler old

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a baxi bermuda 401 back boiler its been in since i moved in here 8yrs ago inside the fire there is a number i hope this helps 401 gc 4407749 could any one tell me how old it is so i could ivest in a new one if it is old thx

Sponsored Links
Not as old as it looks to be honest....about 10 - 15 years old.

Keep it serviced and it should work out cheaper than a new one when you take into account the installation costs; and the fact that newer boilers have more bits in them to go wrong.
If you feel the need to throw some money about, then I suggest you look at bringing the rest of your system up to date with TRV's time controls and look into other energy saving measures

Sponsored Links
Look at new fire fronts for a revival. VP3 is a looker. You will not be able to fit an inset though.

Converting the system to fully pumped with 3 zones makes the system cheap to run. Hardly anything will fail on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back