Is my leak fixed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a leak from my bathroom. I think this was caused only by sealant coming away from around the bath (which has a heavily used overhead shower).

There was originally a big damp patch in the room downstairs, which has now largely dried to a large area of discoloured paint. This happened quickly after I resealed the bath. However, at the bottom of this area the wall still looks and feels damp to the touch but only in patches in a tide mark kind of way.

My question is (and I know you are not clairvoyants) whether it is possible I have not fixed this leak properly. Resealing caused an immediate improvement but can it really take 3/4 months for a brick/plastered internal wall to dry out?

Sponsored Links
heleng said:
My question is (and I know you are not clairvoyants) whether it is possible I have not fixed this leak properly. Resealing caused an immediate improvement but can it really take 3/4 months for a brick/plastered internal wall to dry out?
No. You still have a leak.

Have you check the condition of tile grouts, waste pipe connection, sealant round the bath best to do with bath full of water, underside of taps leaking etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back